GFCE Annual Meeting 2019: Supporting Cyber Capacity Building for Growth
This year, the GFCE Annual Meeting was hosted by the African Union Commission from 8 - 10 October at the AUC premises in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Other international cyber-related events were held in parallel in the same week: the Commonwealth roundtable meeting, the public hearing of the Global Commission on the Stability of Cyberspace and the UN GGE regional consultations.
The focus of the GFCE in 2019 is to further strengthen the structure for international cooperation on cyber capacity building. The GFCE can only be successful if the GFCE Members and Partners are involved and actively participate in steering the continuous development of the GFCE. The GFCE Annual Meeting 2019 in Addis Ababa was thus focused on working together with the GFCE community to bring the GFCE forward and to strengthen the global efforts of cyber capacity building.
Key Outcomes of the Annual Meeting 2019
- Delivering 11 Global workshops (organized by the Working Groups and the Advisory Board);
- Launch of Cybil, the renewed CCB knowledge portal (e.g. projects, tools, publications);
- Update on the GFCE Foundation and the GFCE Fund with the World Bank;
- Discussion on the GFCE developments and the way forward;
- New GFCE Advisory Board co-chair, Ms. Folake Olagunju Oyelola (ECOWAS);
- GFCE Women in Cyberspace Initiative;
- Organizations such as Chatham, UNODA and GCSC organizing their meetings on the sidelines of the GFCE Annual Meeting;
- Announcing the GFCE’s 5th anniversary: meeting in The Hague in week of April 13th 2020
The report of the Annual Meeting and the slides used during the meeting can be found below.